IE8 beta 2 CSS bugs
IE8 beta 2 looks like a good browser.
Few CSS bugs are mentioned here: this doesn't intend to be a complete list. Links to test cases and related (may be just in the same area) Microsoft Connect feedbacks are included.
- Block links sometimes not fully clickable/hoverable connect ref.
- 'Incomplete rendering', 'Missing content'. This is probably the most annoying IE8b2 problem: Sometimes parts of a page are not displayed and refreshing the page multiple times the not rendered parts change, all apparently at random. Eventually the full content may be displayed, but then a further refresh may make some parts to disappear again. Also hovering and trying to select text may sometimes make a missing part to be displayed. Occurs on many different pages. Connect ref.
IE8 beta bug 364070 (and maybe others).
- Sometimes the background of boxes near to floats doesn't extend under the floats, connect ref.
IE8 beta bug 364086.
- A br with clear:both doesn't always clear floats, connect ref.
IE8 beta bug 361179, IE8 beta bug 365844.
- A link inside a float becomes unclickable when there is text wrapping around and below the float, connect ref.
IE8 beta bug 368969.
- IE: Not fully clickable link when absolutely positioned over content. This specific issue is present in older IEs as well.
- IE: Horizontal margins on inline links are wrongly clickable and hoverable. This issue is present in older IEs as well.
- New block formatting contexts next to floats work generally well, but there are a couple of inconsistencies (don't know if they can be considered bugs, since the specs leave things undefined here.)
A table (or a box with display:table) next to a left float clears the float (unless it has a left margin bigger than the float's width).
A box with overflow:auto and vertical scrollbars next to a float clears the float, 2.
- vertical-align: <length> works only with positive values expressed in px, connect ref.
IE8 beta bug 368524.
A different problem, but always with vertical-align, is that the 'middle' value is incorrectly rendered, connect ref.
IE8 beta bug 365792.
- Incomplete background color for inline elements including images, connect ref.
IE8 beta bug 370027.
- A box with overflow:auto, position:relative doesn't provide scrollbar to reach overflowing absolutely positioned children, connect ref.
IE8 beta bug 364083.
- An absolutely positioned element with visibility: hidden/visible depending on hover on the parent is not correctly displayed.
- overflow:auto with max-height, connect ref.
IE8 beta bug 334328.
CSS tests home